The Periodontal Examination
|Video||9090||1||January 30, 2012|
A video media file (approximately 20 minutes) presenting elements of the periodontal examination with presentation notes and presentation slides.
Khocht A. The Periodontal Examination. MedEdPORTAL; 2012. Available from: www.mededportal.org/publication/9090
Contains Information Suitable for Patient Education
- To know the evaluation steps involved in a periodontal examination.
- To know the clinical factors used to assess gingival/periodontal status.
- To know the difference between periodontal pocket depth and attachment level.
- To know how intra-oral radiographs are used to assess periodontal status.
- Periodontium (MeSH), Periodontal Examination, Gingival Status, Intra-Oral Radiographs
- Assessment, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Clinical Exam
- Medical Knowledge
- Patient Care
- Clinical Sciences
- Clinical Exam
- Clinical Skills/Doctoring
- Oral Health
- Professional School
- Dental Student
Authors & Co-Authors
Ahmed Khocht, DDS
Effectiveness and Significance
The presentation is designed as a concise review of the periodontal examination and a novel educational resource. Periodontal evaluations are important in any dental evaluation. The information collected and how it would be used will influence patient care. Periodontal evaluation is a relevant topic on state board and national examinations. Helping dental students learn the steps involved in periodontal evaluations is essential for building their clinical skills and their professional development.
The user will need a computer or mobile devices with access to the internet to download or access the 30 minute MP4 file of the lecture presentation and the two PDF files containing lecture slides and notes. The presentation may be used in private or in the lecture hall to learn or deliver a comprehensive review of the periodontal structures in a concise manner.
This information is made available under the Creative Commons license.