The Lifestyle Medicine Education Collaborative (LMEd) is delighted to announce a new Lifestyle Medicine collection in MedEdPORTAL.
Lifestyle medicine is a scientific, evidence-based approach to decreasing disease risk and illness burden by utilizing lifestyle interventions such as nutrition, physical activity, stress reduction, sleep, smoking cessation, and avoidance of alcohol abuse. LMEd’s mission is to provide an array of evidence based curricular resources to be adopted throughout medical education for the prevention and treatment of lifestyle related diseases. For additional information, please visit www.LifestyleMedicineEducation.org.
The objectives of the MedEdPORTAL Lifestyle Medicine collection are:
- To provide opportunities for the lifestyle medicine evidence-based discipline to be formalized and integrated as a standard practice of care in medical education, clerkships, residencies, and hospital/clinic practice.
- Promote scholarship and the exchange of peer-reviewed leadership education materials in lifestyle medicine.
- Expand the portfolio of knowledge and skills needed to address leadership challenges in implementing lifestyle medicine in medical education.
- To provide deans, faculty, staff, and other institutional leaders with tangible, practice-based, peer-reviewed resources for improving practice in lifestyle medicine.
- To provide the opportunity for Lifestyle Medicine deans, staff, and other institutional leaders to disseminate best practices in Lifestyle Medicine through publishing resources developed, implemented, and refined at one or more institutions that can be adopted or adapted for use at other institutions.
Call for Submissions
MedEdPORTAL invites authors, owners, and contributors to submit their work for publication consideration and inclusion in the Lifestyle Medicine Collection.