By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the relevance of civil rights law to health care practice.
- Describe the current extent of health disparities.
- Identify and address potential discrimination under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Apply the law to hypothetical health care scenarios.
- Understand how the Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights enforces Title VI through investigations and technical assistance to health care providers and entities.
None to report.
This research was supported in part by the National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, award # K07 HL079330-03, RFA-HL-04-012, “Integrated Immersive Approaches to Cultural Competence” (2004-9).
Bereknyei S, Braddock CH, Johnson K, Foran S. Fostering compliance of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act: an educational program. Workshop presented at: Association of American Medical Colleges Annual Meeting; November 2007; Washington, DC.
This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No Derivatives license.