Fabrication of Provisional Restoration Using Direct Technique
|9055||December 6, 2011||7|
This lab manual is intended to provide dental students, dental assistants, and dental therapists with instructional guidance. This module will guide users through the steps of fabricating provisional crown restorations. The module will apply the principles of the direct fabrication of a provisional for a full coverage restoration. The module will guide users through the steps of the provisional fabrication procedure for tooth #30 full gold crown and an extension of this exercise is included regarding the fabrication of #9 porcelain fused to metal provisional restoration.
This technique was implemented during the spring semester of 2010 in the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry Preclinical courses. Using this method, students learned to successfully fabricate provisional restorations for full coverage restorations.
Porter M, Adarve R. Fabrication of Provisional Restoration Using Direct Technique . MedEdPORTAL Publications; 2011. Available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/9055 http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9055
- To describe the steps in fabricating a provisional restoration using direct technique.
- To manipulate materials such as Exaflex(R) Putty Matrix Material and Protemp(R) provisional material.
- To fabricate provisional restoration using direct technique.
- To mix putty and fabricate matrix.
- To prepare and dispense Protemp(R) provisional material.
- To fill putty matrix with Protemp(R), place onto typodont tooth, and remove putty matrix.
- To trim provisional restoration.
- To polish provisional restoration.
- To evaluate provisional restoration.
- Restoration, Crowns, Full Gold Crown, Porcelain Fused to Metal Restoration, Provisional Fabrication Direct Technique
Intro to Clinical Dentistry
- Intro to Clinical Dentistry
Knowledge for Practice
- Clinical Skills/Doctoring
- Dental Student
Authors & Co-Authors
Mercedes Porter, DDS
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry - Division of Prosthodontics
Rainer Adarve, DDS, MS, MHPE
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry - Restorative Sciences
Sponsorship or Funding Source
Division of Prosthodontics, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
No outcomes available.
This information is made available under the Creative Commons license.