The Periodontal Examination
|9090||January 30, 2012||8|
A video media file (approximately 20 minutes) presenting elements of the periodontal examination with presentation notes and presentation slides.
The presentation is designed as a concise review of the periodontal examination and a novel educational resource. Periodontal evaluations are important in any dental evaluation. The information collected and how it would be used will influence patient care. Periodontal evaluation is a relevant topic on state board and national examinations. Helping dental students learn the steps involved in periodontal evaluations is essential for building their clinical skills and their professional development.
Khocht A. The periodontal examination. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2012;8:9090. http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9090
Contains Information Suitable for Patient Education
- To know the evaluation steps involved in a periodontal examination.
- To know the clinical factors used to assess gingival/periodontal status.
- To know the difference between periodontal pocket depth and attachment level.
- To know how intra-oral radiographs are used to assess periodontal status.
- Periodontium, Periodontal Examination, Gingival Status, Intra-Oral Radiographs
This information is made available under the Creative Commons license.
Authors & Co-Authors
Ahmed Khocht, DDS