|9091||January 30, 2012||8|
A media file approximately 30 minutes with lecture notes, slides and instructor guide.
The presentation is designed as a concise review of periodontal anatomy and histology and a novel educational resource. Understanding periodontal anatomy is important in any dental evaluation. Learning the anatomy of the periodontal structures would help dental students to understand the pathological changes in the periodontal tissues under the influence of disease. Periodontal anatomy is a relevant topic on state board and national examinations. Helping dental students learn periodontal anatomy is essential for building their clinical skills and their professional development.
Khocht A. The periodontium. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2012;8:9091. http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9091
Contains Information Suitable for Patient Education
- To define the structures that compromise the periodontium.
- To describe the macroscopic and microscopic anatomy of the gingival tissues.
- To describe the formation of collagen in the gingival tissues.
- To describe the anatomy and function of the periodontal ligament.
- To describe the anatomy and function of cementum.
- To describe the anatomy and function of alveolar bone.
- Gingiva, Periodontal Ligament, Alveolar Bone
This information is made available under the Creative Commons license.
Authors & Co-Authors
Ahmed Khocht, DDS