Provisional Crown Fabrication Maxillary Left Central Incisor
|9108||February 27, 2012||1|
Provisional Crown Fabrication Maxillary Left Central Incisor is a video that teaches dental students how to manufacture a provisional crown on a maxillary central incisor in patient simulation using composite resin crown material.
Fogelman M. Provisional Crown Fabrication Maxillary Left Central Incisor. MedEdPORTAL Publications; 2012. Available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/9108 http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.9108
- To learn how to produce a provisional crown in simulation.
- To learn how to use a clear vacuum formed matrix.
- To learn how to use a resin composite provisional crown material.
- To develop manual skills in making and finishing a provisional crown.
- To develop self evaluation skills and apply to set criteria.
- To learn how to avoid and overcome problems in this practice.
- Provisional Crown, Crowns (MeSH), Vacuum Formed Matrix, Composite Resins (MeSH)
Skills & Doctoring
Practice-based Learning & Improvement
- Clinical Skills/Doctoring
- Dental Student
Authors & Co-Authors
Mark Fogelman, DMD
The University of British Columbia
Effectiveness and Significance
The videos have been used for the last 2 years and were well valued by both students and faculty.
Special Implementation Guidelines or Requirements
Students are encouraged to watch these videos prior to the presentation in class and later to view them in the simulation clinic or at home to further enhance assimilation of knowledge. Later, when transitioning to patient care they are a good resource to be used to refresh knowledge and skills in this domain.
This information is made available under the Creative Commons license.