This resource provides excerpts and an overview description of a 4-day program teaching quality improvement in primary care, including the management and leadership of teams. Preconference work, along with excerpts from presenter guides, facilitator guides, and the participants' workbook for two of the 20 modules, are provided. Evaluations from previous presentations to residents and faculty of family medicine in 2011, as well as the agenda for 2012, are also included. The entire program with vision, mission, and learning objectives is described in an accompanying brochure. The work provides an educationally sound and highly interactive method of teaching the skills of quality improvement, with the management and leadership of teams, for a primary care setting.
- Teach quality improvement skills and add the competencies of team management and leadership to ensure effective quality improvement project spread and implementation.
- Describe and evaluate their practice.
- Identify perceived opportunities in their practice.
- Apply the quality improvement framework and quality assessment approaches to identify previously unperceived opportunities for improvement in their practice.
- Prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Select a quality improvement opportunity at the system level to initiate their quality improvement journey.
This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution license.