This resource is a concise, written handbook to treating patients for cardiovascular health. It is intended to offer basic and simple knowledge of the cardiovascular system as it relates to health care providers in developing or third-world countries. The handbook provides students with fundamental knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of this system, as well as giving simple and effective clinical practices to help patients with cardiovascular health problems. Furthermore, it features a quick overview of many cardiovascular diseases, including symptoms, signs, treatments, and prevention. Through this lesson, students will be able to obtain cardiovascular knowledge at their own pace and time to better help people in their community. The handbook is aimed at utilizing existing training and medical assets in third-world countries and creating sustainable improvement in the region’s health care system. Furthermore, it can be used by health care workers in third-world countries with basic medical knowledge. This resource is a great example of using technology to better health care across the world. It uses the internet to spread basic health care knowledge to countries where doctors are scarce.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of cardiovascular illnesses.
- Describe basic clinical practices testing cardiovascular health.
- Understand history and physical assessment practices for cardiovascular health.
- Describe different diseases and treatments of the cardiovascular system.
This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No Derivatives license.